Friday, October 2, 2009

Popular Education Workshops!

POPULAR EDUCATION
Wednesdays, 6-8
October 7-November 11, 2009

We are excited to share CARA's analysis of some of the most pressing issues facing activist communities, particularly communities of color and our allies. Attached is a flyer for the workshops. Please forward to your networks and encourage friends and allies to register - ALL ARE WELCOME!

All workshops will take place in the Pigott Building at Seattle University (here is the link to the campus map: http://seattleu.edu/campus_community/visit_campus/campus_maps/main_campus_map/)
Locations for the workshops:

10/7: Sexual Violence 101 (Pigt. 107, Seattle University)

10/14: Community Accountability (Pigt। 107, Seattle University)
10/21: Prison Industrial Complex & Law Enforcement Violence (Pigt. 108, Seattle University)
10/28: Non-Profit Industrial Complex (Pigt. 108, Seattle University)
11/4: Community Organizing vs. Social Service Work (Pigt. 108, Seattle University)
11/11: Building a Global Resistance Movement (Pigt. 108, Seattle University)


Registration & Costs:
All workshops: $45-60 (sliding scale), $25 (students)Pay per workshop: $10/workshop


To register, send an email with your name, address, phone #, and email address to
infocara.seattle@gmail.com. Make checks payable to: CARA. Please mail checks to CARA.Online payments via PayPal: www.cara-seattle.org (click on "Make a Donation").

Be sure to bring a notebook, pen/pencil and an open mind! We look forward to building with you and thank you for your continued support of CARA.


For more information, email infocara.seattle@gmail.com or call (206) 322-4856.

1 comment:

  1. My name is Justine and I am a 5th year student and Nova high school and I also attend the S.V.I school of cosmetology I want to do a collaboration with both these schools by hosting a hair show to raise money for rape awareness. the show would be held mid-march at Meany middle school building (20th & republican) and I need all the help I can get. i am telling you this because I have big plans to continue my efforts with rape awareness. my plan for that money is to throw and all day event with workshops, seminars, guest speakers, other rape organizations, poetry readings art making, support groups. I would like to hear your input about it and possibly keep in contact with you about my plans for the event if you would like to get involved. any connections advice or information you might have for me would be greatly appreciated.

    ReplyDelete